Food Pantries and Groceries
- All Community Outreach (ACO): Food pantry and holiday meal program
- Allen Ministerial Alliance Food Pantry: Food pantry
- First Baptist Allen Food Pantry: Food pantry serving Allen residents
- Meals on Wheels of Collin County: Serves elderly residents of Collin County with meals delivered to homes and senior centers
- North Texas Food Bank: Food assistance and mobile food pantry
Shelter and Housing
- All Community Outreach (ACO): Housing, rent and utility assistance for qualifying individuals
- Home Repair Assistance Program: Operated by City of Allen to help keep homeowners in safe and stable housing
- Hope's Door: Shelter and counseling center for domestic abuse victims
- Senior Living Resources: Find information on housing resources for seniors such as rental assistance, voucher programs and supportive housing
- Atmos Energy: If you need assistance paying your natural gas bill, call the Atmos Energy Customer Contact Center at 888.286.6700 (M-F, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.) to discuss your account and explore financial assistance. Installment plans available with no charges or fees. No need to wait for a disconnect notice. Call 888.286.6700 or visit www.atmosenergy.com/accountcenter to set up a plan that meets your needs.
- Collin County Rides: A partner program between City of Allen and Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) to provide transportation options for adults age 65 and older and those with qualifying disabilities living in Allen and Fairview.
- Job search and career resources: Provided by Allen Public Library
- Employment resources: Provided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mental Health Resources
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Call 988 to access a national network of local crisis centers offering free and confidential emotional support to people in a suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Specific resources are available to support loss survivors, disaster survivors, youth, veterans, maternal mental health and more.
- Crisis Text Line: Text TALK to 741741 to speak to a trained mental health professional who can help with anxiety, depression, thoughts of suicide or self-harm, eating disorders and other topics.
- LifePath Systems: A community-based, nonprofit organization created specifically to help individuals and their families dealing with mental illnesses, intellectual disabilities and developmental delays
- The Center for Healing: A partnership with LifePath Systems, The Center for Healing offers free and accessible trauma recovery services to those affected by the Allen Premium Outlets shooting which occurred on May 6. 2023.
- Harold Murphy Counseling Center: The counseling center is partnering with Texas A&M University-Commerce and McKinney ISD to offer low-cost quality mental health services to Collin County and surrounding areas.
- Guitars for Vets: This 10-week program helps veterans treat PTSD through music and guitar lessons. The Allen chapter of Guitars for Vets can accommodate veterans with or without a VA health referral.
- Collin County Children's Advocacy Center: Investigates, treats and prosecutes child abuse cases. Also provides a safe place for children to tell their stories and begin to heal.
- Legal, health and financial resources: Helpful links compiled by Allen Public Library
- 2-1-1 Texas: Connects Texas citizens with needed services such as food, housing, childcare and crisis counseling. Dial 211, 877.541.7905 or visit 211Texas.org.
- Assistance Center of Collin County: Helps people in need connect with programs to help them. Also administers funds from grants and community donations and works with reduced-cost prescription programs.
- Wellness Center for Older Adults: Serves adults age 55 and older and their caregivers in Collin County and surrounding areas. Their work and passion is to assist older adults in healthy and independent living, allowing seniors to age in place gracefully.
- Alcoholics Anonymous - Allen Group: Meetings offered at various times, seven days a week. Group meets at 509 S. Greenville Ave. Weekly meeting schedule
- eXPOW (Exponential Power of Women): Connects women with a network of other women who work to empower each other and their communities.
- Allen Economic Development Corporation: Resources for businesses
- Allen Fairview Chamber of Commerce: A nonprofit association that strives to be an indispensable resource for Allen and Collin County businesses.
- Travel Industry Recovery Grant Program: The Texas Travel Industry Recovery Grant Program (TTIR) was established by Senate Bill 8 and signed into law by the Governor following the 87th Legislature (Third Called Session) to administer $180 million received from the Coronavirus State Fiscal Recovery Fund under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.